Title of operation: Ecoremediation for clean environment and quality of life
Acronym of operation: “Od mlake do mlake”
Catalogue: Od mlake do mlake
The »OD MLAKE DO MLAKE« operation was implemented in 10 months from September 2017 to June 2018. The value of the whole operation is EUR 29,019.55 and 85% of the eligible costs are co-financed from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. The head of the operation is the Skupina Fabrika, Research and Development, d.o.o., and partners are the Stara Cesta Tourist Association, the Ljutomer Municipality and the Stara Cesta Local Community.
The operation contributes to SLR LAS Prlekija general objective “Improving the Relationship with the Environment and Conservation of Biodiversity” and specific objective “Improving Nature and Natural Resources Protection through Ecoremediation” (C9) through actualisation of the Ecoremediation Implementation (U17) by presenting and promoting sustainable water conservation and water treatment solutions.
Objectives of the operation
- Reduce pollution and prepare and present some demonstration ecoremediation cases in the region. (Model arrangement of a pond and implementation of wetlands for domestic waste water treatment)
- Identify individual locations of implemented ecoremediation measures that promote the power of nature in the establishment and efficient functioning of natural systems and integrate them into the educational, tourist and recreational whole.
- Organize activities for the transfer of good practices and knowledge to the inhabitants of the entire LAS Prlekija area (to support accelerated problem solving).
Direct effects of the operation
- 6 village ponds have been restored, revitalized and equipped
- Completed constructed wetlands for domestic waste water treatment in old school Stara Cesta for 20 PE
- Promotional event held at the opening of the Stara Cesta tourist route and educational path
- Printed information leaflets about ERM in the tourist offer of TD Stara Cesta
- Published e-catalogue of ERM measures implemented in the LAS Prlekija area
- Prepared and published content about the operation for websites
- Implemented events for the transfer of good practices and knowledge in all municipalities of the LAS Prlekija
The target groups of the operation are residents, local communities and utilities in LAS Prlekija area.
The project was submitted in December 2016 for the 1st open call LAS Prlekija for the operations selection for the implementation of the objectives of Local Development Strategy in the municipalities of Apače, Gornja Radgona, Križevci, Ljutomer, Radenci, Razkrižje, Sveti Jurij ob Ščavnici and Veržej in 2016–2018.
The project is co-financed by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
EKSRP – https://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/rural-development-2014-2020_sl
PRP – www.program-podezelja.si
LAS Prlekija – www.las-prlekija.com